THE HOUSE RULES
There are rules in place and everyone on the flip-side of this page follows them. Those that don't get bounced (the needs of the community will always override the needs of any one individual). Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking them. If you post before breezing through them, and your post is in violation, your entry may be deleted and/or you may (with or without warning) be subject to suspension of your posting privileges.
General Posting Guidelines:
Lively debate and blunt discussions/exchanges are welcome, expected, and encouraged. Vulgarity, rudeness, hatred, lack of sensitivity and class, and any form of prejudice based on race, creed, color, or sexual orientation, however, won't be tolerated here. Likewise, if you're into trolling and inducing flame wars, this isn't the right community for you. We're here so that members can exchange information and viewpointsnot hate.
No matter how strongly you may feel about the given subject matter posted, and no matter how passionate an exchange with another member may get, malicious behavior won't be accepted here. Anyone unable to express an opinion without resorting to profanity or personal character attacks will be banned. Permanently.
If, after you join, your attitude or your posts reflect that you don't belong here, your membership will be terminated.
- Posting is "members only."
- Appreciate the value of quality over quantity. Search (by categorized tags or by scrolling back a page or two) before posting that "must see" article/topic. Chances are, someone's a step ahead of you and it's already up.
- Use an lj-cut when posting extremely long entries. If you post a link to an article, please also post the text behind an lj-cut for preservation purposes. Web links change in the blink of an eye.
- Please stay on topic. Off-topic thread comments (or threads that degenerate into the equivalent of personal IM exchanges) will be deleted.
- Picture-posting is fine as long as: (a) the images (are non-pornographic in nature and) relate to the theme and spirit of the community in some way, shape, or form; and (b) maximum size is no greater than 350x350.
- No quizzes/surveys or blogthings.
Poaching, Promos and Cross-Posting:
Poaching is the act of joining a community with the sole intention of soliciting members to join your own communityin other words, enticing them to "jump ship." It's a practice that's not welcome here.
Want members? --> community_promo
Likewise, if you feel the need to talk up your existing community or another community that you're particularly loyal to, community_promo is the place to do it.
Cross-posts. The whole point of this community is to be different, content-wise, from others. Cross-posting defeats that aim. Unless it's a major Code Red that should be seen by all, please refrain.
Freedom of Speech:
"I have rights! You're (all these rules are) denying me freedom of speech!"
Loosely translated, on the internet that usually means "I have no clue what the other 26 amendments are but I have that first one memorized verbatim and want to retain it so that I can trash people at will."
Freedom of speech? Although the Constitution guarantees that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech," blackintellects isn't governed by Congress and the posting guidelines laid out here are in place to ensure that everyone feels free to express themself in a civil environment.
Intellects --> Mind over mouth.
Maintained/Moderated by: hailey29281, xayide79, polymexina & asianrenegade